The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1492 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1492 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1638 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1585 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.20 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1585 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1638 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Atari 2600 GAMES - Retro Raider
Today I watched an interesting video! I always have a question. What is the meaning of retro game? These should be good retro games. Rolleyes  
I used to have a quite large collection of Atari 2600 games, but sadly I got rid of them Sad
I had an Atari emulator and a swag of games... the operative word was "had"... *sigh*
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.
Demon Attack was awesome. Is the n6-clone Gargoyle Attack (https://youtu.be/SYOMLiah278) included with n6? I don't remember.
(05-02-2022, 01:41 PM)Marcus Wrote: Demon Attack was awesome. Is the n6-clone Gargoyle Attack (https://youtu.be/SYOMLiah278) included with n6? I don't remember.

Yes, it was included in the examples folder that was in the N6 distribution - a great game, and pretty difficult (for my reactions anyway) Smile
Marcus wrote:
Quote:Demon Attack was awesome. Is the n6-clone Gargoyle Attack (https://youtu.be/SYOMLiah278) included with n6? I don't remember.

I also don't know because I uninstalled NaaLaa 6 some time ago.

If I have time and enough programming knowledge, I will make a nicely improved version for each of these 10 classic games in NaaLaa and finally upload them to Itch. Maybe some other forum members will be interested to do so as well. You can imagine that the modern versions of these 10 classic games will raise awareness of NaaLaa significantly.
Sorry. Been off the air due to health issues... Finally got to fire up the machine and catch up on forum news.

N6 certainly does have Gargoyle-attack and I still play it from time to time... Specially when I feel like getting killed off... lol
G.A. only requires 'Speed' and 'Keycodes' libraries, which I think are already part of N7, but could be wrong... Apart from the 657 lines of code and a smattering of Mr. Masters' profanity, it maybe possible to convert to N7... But, due to my almost non-existent arrays/tables skills, I am not sure if I would be the best choice to do that... lol I will take a closer look at the code... but do not hold your breath... lol
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.
I currently have my hands full with rewriting the entire memory management of n7, for performance reasons (posted about a weird performance issue the other day). But then I'll gladly remake some old Atari games Smile

Did someone write a Defender clone in some earlier version of naalaa? Else I might do that, wonderful game.

I grew up with the NES though, all my Atari 2600 experience came in more recent years.
(05-03-2022, 05:29 PM)Marcus Wrote: Did someone write a Defender clone in some earlier version of naalaa? Else I might do that, wonderful game.

Ok! We look forward to the game! Shy 

On the other hand, I was curious and therefore I looked for top rated Defender type games from indie developers. I really appreciate their creative minds.  Blush
https://itch.io/games/top-rated/tag-defender

Quote:[Image: avatar_1453.png?dateline=1640700676]

johnno1956

it maybe possible to convert to N7... But, due to my almost non-existent arrays/tables skills, I am not sure if I would be the best choice to do that... lol I will take a closer look at the code... but do not hold your breath... lol

You will try to remake the classic game? Well done.
I watched a video of someone playing Defender on Atari 2600. To be honest, I couldn't tell what the heck was going on, but I assume one can find detailed information on wikipedia. Remember reading an interview with the programmer in the Retro Gamer magazine some years ago, very interesting.