Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NaaLaa Roadmap (2018-2019)
Hi, 

I'm wondering what nice features will be implemented in NaaLaa in the near future.

Thanks.
(09-07-2018, 10:37 PM)hiuwai Wrote: Hi, 

I'm wondering what nice features will be implemented in NaaLaa in the near future.

Thanks.

Just wish and I'll try to add it Smile

But I guess tutorials for the libraries are well needed. I hope I can make some time for that soon.

I am working with modern opengl stuff for JAIL at the moment. Whatever I learn from that can probably be used for naalaa too.
Marcus.

You 'almost' got away with it... 'JAIL"? I bet you put that there knowing it will raise someone's curiosity to say, "What's JAIL?" lol Well. It worked... lol Nicely done. Big Grin

J
(09-10-2018, 08:12 PM)Marcus Wrote:

Thanks.

But I guess tutorials for the libraries are well needed. I hope I can make some time for that soon.

I am working with modern opengl stuff for JAIL at the moment. Whatever I learn from that can probably be used for naalaa too.

(09-10-2018, 09:13 PM)johnno56 Wrote: Marcus.

You 'almost' got away with it... 'JAIL"? I bet you put that there knowing it will raise someone's curiosity to say, "What's JAIL?" lol  Well. It worked... lol  Nicely done. Big Grin

J

Hi, what is JAIL?

(09-10-2018, 08:12 PM)Marcus Wrote:

Thanks.

The current version is quite excellent. I am satisfied with it. 

If some experienced Naalaa users can provide good ideas and suggestions for improving NaaLaa. NaaLaa will be more fantastic.
Keeping the floats separate from the integers drives me crazy!

I would have used Naalaa vastly more than I had with a little less segregation between number types for math operations.

IMHO and with all due respect to Marcus, this sort of thing should be done behind the scenes because it is not Beginner friendly.

But Marcus gets a bug in his head about how things should be done (for speed) and proves himself right (for speed) with this amazing hobby project. WTH, it's his project! 

Right$ ain't right either but that's another story. ;D

Hi huiwai,

I see all these raves from you and yet not a single instance of some code posted. I'd like to see you handling math stuff. Am I asking too much?
b = b + geberation
(09-11-2018, 02:49 PM)bplus Wrote: Hi huiwai,

I see all these raves from you and yet not a single instance of some code posted. I'd like to see you handling math stuff. Am I asking too much?

Hi, actually, too much. I cannot provide good maths code. I am not good at maths. In fact,  I know a little about programming. However, I can make simple but quite nice computer games. Why?

Nowadays there are many tools for amateur people(like me)  to make games without programming knowledige. For example, 001 Game Creator, Construct 3, Clickteam Fusion, GameMaker Studio, GameSalad, Stencyl, GDevelop, RPG Maker, etc. Many  indie commercial games were made with these game creation softwares. 

Why I come here? It is because I believe that programming concepts will  help me to use game creation softwares effectively and efficiently in the future. NaaLaa is very nice for me to learn programming concepts. 

NaaLaa is good. I like the useful and nice examples inside this software. 

I don't think that I will have enough abilities to write a complete game with pure programming(even if I have enough programming knowledge) Some people are not clever enough to write programs. I am one of them.
Hi huiwai,

Well that explains everything I was curious about. Thank you for your reply.
b = b + geberation