Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Input/Microphone Access
Hi There. Is there any way/trick to access the microphone? Should I have to write dll bindings?
This world is ruled by Evils, we need Batman.
(09-12-2018, 02:52 PM)indru91112 Wrote: Hi There. Is there any way/trick to access the microphone? Should I have to write dll bindings?

There's currently no way of doing it on any of the platforms. But still, are you running Linux or Windows? 

There's already a BASS sound library/extension for Windows. Since I don't have a PC with Windows I currently can't modify it, but if you want to give it a shot I can send you the Visual Sudio project for the DLL. Adding functions and calling them from a naalaa library is pretty straight forward. I've never looked at sound recording with BASS, but I assume it's supported.

On Linux I'm using Port Audio for the regular sound functions and it certainly does support recording. The smartest thing I could do would be to switch from (dead) Audiere on Windows to Port Audio and add recording functions to the regular (non-extension) functions.
(09-21-2018, 06:12 AM)Marcus Wrote:
(09-12-2018, 02:52 PM)indru91112 Wrote: Hi There. Is there any way/trick to access the microphone? Should I have to write dll bindings?

There's currently no way of doing it on any of the platforms. But still, are you running Linux or Windows? 

There's already a BASS sound library/extension for Windows. Since I don't have a PC with Windows I currently can't modify it, but if you want to give it a shot I can send you the Visual Sudio project for the DLL. Adding functions and calling them from a naalaa library is pretty straight forward. I've never looked at sound recording with BASS, but I assume it's supported.

On Linux I'm using Port Audio for the regular sound functions and it certainly does support recording. The smartest thing I could do would be to switch from (dead) Audiere on Windows to Port Audio and add recording functions to the regular (non-extension) functions. The reason for not using BASS for the regular sound functionality on Windows is, of course, it's license.
(09-21-2018, 06:19 AM)Marcus Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 06:12 AM)Marcus Wrote:

On Linux I'm using Port Audio for the regular sound functions and it certainly does support recording. The smartest thing I could do would be to switch from (dead) Audiere on Windows to Port Audio and add recording functions to the regular (non-extension) functions. The reason for not using BASS for the regular sound functionality on Windows is, of course, it's license.

Thanks marcus. I was just asking. I got a crazy game idea. Where user will have to scream in the darkness to lit the area for some time Big Grin . I will look for options when I got some time.
This world is ruled by Evils, we need Batman.