Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another match-3 game
I found some nice assets for a Candy Crush-style game on opengameart and implemented the basics. Several games of this kind has been posted before, but I believe non of them uses the swap-pieces-controls?

[Image: match3.jpg]

Attached Files
.zip   match3.zip (Size: 1.3 MB / Downloads: 6)
Excellent - thank you. Very useful to have the code well commented also.
Cool game! Addictive too. Played it for ages then noticed it did not keep score... So much for top score bragging rights.... lol... But still fun!!

One thing that I noticed, in the listing, that I did not quite understand. Line #195: if |dx| > |dy|

Do the 'vertical bars' mean something like abs() etc? Have not seen that before... Did version 5 and or version 6 have that?

Looking forward to the next gem... Well done!
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.
(01-25-2023, 06:47 AM)johnno1956 Wrote: Cool game! Addictive too. Played it for ages then noticed it did not keep score... So much for top score bragging rights.... lol... But still fun!!

One thing that I noticed, in the listing, that I did not quite understand. Line #195: if |dx| > |dy|

Do the 'vertical bars' mean something like abs() etc? Have not seen that before... Did version 5 and or version 6 have that?

Looking forward to the next gem... Well done!

I hope I get the time to add some more stuff this weekend Smile  Yes, |dx| is the same as abs(dx), and it was added in version 7. I stole that from a programming language used at the first company I worked for - I quit after two months or something ...