Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spam bots
Forum has been already invaded by spam bots. The only way to avoid this is to manually aprove all new accounts. If that's not possible then using something like Proboards could be an option (I assume that on a forum system like that it would be more difficult for bots to break through).
(02-05-2018, 08:57 AM)Tomaaz Wrote: Forum has been already invaded by spam bots. The only way to avoid this is to manually aprove all new accounts. If that's not possible then using something like Proboards could be an option (I assume that on a forum system like that it would be more difficult for bots to break through).

Ah, darn it! I removed some accounts the other day already. I'll switch to manually aproving.
Haha, manually activating accounts probably won't do the trick. It's kind of hard to tell bots from real dudes and dudettes unless their profiles are filled with spam aswell.

I wonder if anyone has EVER clicked on a link posted by a spam-bot?
(02-07-2018, 06:46 AM)Marcus Wrote: Haha, manually activating accounts probably won't do the trick. It's kind of hard to tell bots from real dudes and dudettes unless their profiles are filled with spam aswell.

Yes. The only option is to ask people to send you a separate email with an information that they are not bots and a short info about them and why they want to register. I used to be a member of a couple forums that used this method.

(02-07-2018, 06:46 AM)Marcus Wrote: I wonder if anyone has EVER clicked on a link posted by a spam-bot?

I don't think that's the point in attacking forums. It's more about search engines, IMO. More links, better position in search results.