Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do i import a raycaster map?
So i looked at the examples in NaaLaa for raycasting but i still don't understand.
(01-27-2019, 01:20 AM)th3ch33z1t Wrote: So i looked at the examples in NaaLaa for raycasting but i still don't understand.

I'm not sure what might be going wrong. But make sure you put all the textures in the same folder as the maps you create. Don't load textures from different places on your hard drive from the raycaster editor, because they're NOT automatically copied to the folder where the map is saved. I always keep my assets in a folder next to my program.

I've attached an example to this post Smile

Have you looked at the GLOOM library? It might be a fun alternative to the old raycaster. I'd say it's simpler and more advanced at the same time - more low level.

Attached Files
.zip   rc_example.zip (Size: 51.92 KB / Downloads: 5)
(01-30-2019, 09:51 AM)Marcus Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 01:20 AM)th3ch33z1t Wrote: So i looked at the examples in NaaLaa for raycasting but i still don't understand.

I'm not sure what might be going wrong. But make sure you put all the textures in the same folder as the maps you create. Don't load textures from different places on your hard drive from the raycaster editor, because they're NOT automatically copied to the folder where the map is saved. I always keep my assets in a folder next to my program.

I've attached an example to this post Smile

Have you looked at the GLOOM library? It might be a fun alternative to the old raycaster. I'd say it's simpler and more advanced at the same time - more low level.

Really? i thought that the GlOOM editor was harder! ill definitly check it out.