Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
avoider game
Photo 
a very simple game don't let enemies touch you.

this time it's not a port I thought of the idea yesterday

this is the git repo for the game:

https://github.com/yoel123/naalaa-avoider-game

[Image: av.gif]

the hardest part was figuring out naalaa doesn't have a way to check if an object attribute is null.

to go around it I just initiated everything and add a object.active =  false as a flag that this entity doesn't "exist" yet.

retro game programming is not easy, looking at the scrolls of doom again I appreciate even more the mighty Carmack and other code mages of his age.

creating the start and game over screen was also a task (not hard) I will try to improve it, maybe add a menu screen func/s (i think it will take more than one function). maybe make it its own lib so others may use it too.

off to the next one.
Cool

Keep up the good work.

You could expand this by adding a maze . A maze that is larger than the screen would be nice.
wow what a coincidence I've played two of your games today, treasure hunt and score four.
im, not the kind to sit down and play a none action games but these are addicting.

how does one come up with ideas for such game design? (thats what I was wondering playing these).

plus by looking at your score four code I figured out how to make a match 3 game (with some tweaks).

about my avoider game. a camera won't do its spouse to be a "one screen game" where you dodge enemies. like dodge ball.
I will figure out how to add more elements to it.

but the next minigame I will code will have a camera support.