Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[help] how to debug var arr values?
how do you check an object/variable/array value?

as far as I know, naalaa doesn't have console log function.

naalaa gui lib doesn't have a one line alert/popup i can put vals in.

how do I do that (debug values).

it's becoming hard to develop without being able to check these things.

please help.
I always end up doing it the hard way.

I write a temporary procedure to print variables I am looking at.
 Then I call the procedure at the right time to see the variable. then I add a wait keydown statement to give me time to read the variable. Hitting a key then continues the program.
I created another file copied all the data and imports and used wln there where there is no loop or screens etc.

naalaa already has a console whats the problem of implementing console.log.
it also has a gui lib what the problem of creating a one-line popup?
There is an extension called kitchensink for windows that uses the win32api to popup a messagebox implemented, i will search if i have it, or if anyone have it please post it here.
(02-07-2019, 11:26 AM)cvirus Wrote: There is an extension called kitchensink for windows that uses the win32api to popup a messagebox implemented, i will search if i have it, or if anyone have it please post it here.

I found the kitchensink library.

Attached Files
.zip   KSINK.zip (Size: 1,011.73 KB / Downloads: 3)
great this works for me
(02-08-2019, 02:23 PM)rolen Wrote: great this works for me

NED, written in naalaa, actually has no connection with the executing program. It only communicates with the compiler. On top of that, a naalaa executable is a win32 program and can't send output to the command line if run from one.

If you don't want to link with the kitchen sink, you can now use the system command and echo out what you're interested in.

Code:
a = 42
system "echo a = " + str(a) + " & pause"

This will temporarily show a console. But you'll need to update to version 1.0.4. that I uploaded today.