Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is a new challenger !
Hello

Laurent from France,

Great Basic Langage !!!! I discover it yesterday.

(Hope you will understand my bad english)

I create games in basic like this one (in BLITZ 3D)
https://www.gamopat-forum.com/t101951-co...it#2922832

I hore to create the next one with NAALAA ! It seems as good as BLITZ 3D (?)
And I will ask questions if I have difficulties with the syntax....

See you
I grew up with Blitz Basic 2 for Amiga but haven't used it since then Sad

I'm afraid Blitz 3D is many times better than naalaa, in just about every way, but please give it a try if you still want to Smile
BLITZ 3D was great, but "abandonware"... 
and miss some functions as Virtual Resolution to raise game in very low resolutions
and need DirectPlay.dll
and strangely my games do not work on all PC (perhaps because of DirectPlay ???)

I have tried... There are some little strange feature as for example DIM(,) replace by [][] and text replace by "set caret" (what does mean set caret in french, I don't know)... apparently sufficient for retro 2D games 

Question : is it possible de change the transparence color ? From Magenta to Black ?

But very easy to use ! With little .EXE ! 

I don't know if it is fast or not Vs Blitz 3D, i will process some tests

Anyway i am impress by your talent !

Something Else :
I am fan of retro gaming 1980'... You known perhaps that there is BATARI Basic for ATARI 2600 and INTY Basic for Mattel Intellivision, but nothing for COLECOVISION.... I hope someone will a day develop a basic for this console !
I have the original Blitz 3d. It cost 100 dollars when I got it.

These days I use NaaLaa instead. It's easier to use. Yes, Blitz3d has many more functions.

My version works fine on Windows10, but I have only used the 2d functions.

http://rb23.yolasite.com/blitz-basic.php
(04-29-2019, 01:08 PM)Rick3137 Wrote: I have the original Blitz 3d. It cost 100 dollars when I got it.

These days I use NaaLaa instead. It's easier to use. Yes, Blitz3d has many more functions.

My version works fine on Windows10, but I have only used the 2d functions.

http://rb23.yolasite.com/blitz-basic.php

I love your website ! 

So your prefer NAALAA instead of BLITZ 3D for 2D games ? 
is NAALAA faster than BLITZ 3D ?

BLITZ3D works fine on my computer with W10, but there are problem on some computers, something they need to add DirectPlay.dll... There is BLITZ MAX which is more recent but a little different (and un little more complicate)

As you seems to try all the basic langages, what is your favorite basic for 2D game with very easy commands (traditionnal commands) and cool interface ?

(sorry for my bad english, i am french)
NaaLaa is faster than any other basic that I have tried. It has exe's of small size.

If you're good at programming you can add more DLL's and call their functions. Blitz3d does not do that.

It has 3d functions that many other Basics do not have. If I really want fast, I can use C-language, but I prefer quick and easy. It still can take me several weeks to write a program, but that's me, not NaaLaa.
Interesting !

I am just a hobby coder (classic basic... i do not like basic like PURE BASIC) for only 2D arcade games & RPG games (retro style)

I will try to start develop COSMOS II in NAALAA so ! I still need to learn some mechanics and commands... Array are not classic for exemple

Hop this forum will help me if difficulties ?
(04-29-2019, 03:19 PM)drfloyd Wrote: Interesting !

I am just a hobby coder (classic basic... i do not like basic like PURE BASIC) for only 2D arcade games & RPG games (retro style)

I will try to start develop COSMOS II in NAALAA so ! I still need to learn some mechanics and commands... Array are not classic for exemple

Hop this forum will help me if difficulties ?

Hey drfloyd, welcome to the forum, just put the questions you have here and we try to help you out.
NaaLaa is fast for a bytecode interpreter and certainly for doing all graphics rendering in software Smile

I'm always here to answer questions ... except when I occasionally disappear Smile  Seriously, I love helping out with naalaa.
Thanks!

My first question :

The function REDRAW, it is a just a refresh of the screen or a flip between 2 images ?

(because i had in the past some difficulties in BLITZ with FLIP function in some situations (full screen) : when i use several FLIP in in loop, it does no work)