Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is a new challenger !
I have replace the 3 files & update the config : @maxchars 2000000

it seems not to work correctly..

I try to doanload my .txt : 975ko and 30 000 lines. Of course it's not a Naalaa code, but blitz code with .txt format).. it is just to help me to recode without retyping all the data

it freeze Naalaa for about 2 minutes... "loading done ! formatting document..."

When the text appear, it's ok sometimes, but freeze again... and again... every 20 secondes....

So perhaps it is because it is not a Naalaa code ???? Or deifinivelty because 30 000 lines is too much ?

Update :

I have tried with a 30 000 lines REM only program : same problem : regular freeze of the program
(05-02-2019, 05:15 PM)drfloyd Wrote: I have replace the 3 files & update the config : @maxchars   2000000

I try to doanload my .txt : 975ko and 30 000 lines. Of course it's not a Naalaa code, but blitz code with .txt format).. it is just to help me to recode without retyping all the data

When the text appear, it's ok sometimes, but freeze again... and again... every 20 secondes....

So perhaps it is because it is not a Naalaa code ???? Or deifinivelty because 30 000 lines is too much ?

Update :

I have tried with a 30 000 lines REM only program : same problem : regular freeze of the program

Hm ... Sounds like the syntax highlighter, written in naalaa which is not very fast when it comes to text processing, is having some problems with that big amount of code. Or maybe it's when it's scanning the code for sub routines (they can be accessed from a drop-down menu). 

I'll see what I can do about it. Hopefully I can avoid the cases when the entire document is processed for syntax highlighting and only do it when code becomes visible. And I can scan for sub routines only when a document is loaded/saved.

I'll get back to you when I've had a look Smile
(05-02-2019, 05:15 PM)drfloyd Wrote: I have replace the 3 files & update the config : @maxchars   2000000

Update :

Hm ... Sounds like the syntax highlighter, written in naalaa which is not very fast when it comes to text processing, is having some problems with that big amount of code. Or maybe it's when it's scanning the code for sub routines (they can be accessed from a drop-down menu). 

I'll see what I can do about it. Hopefully I can avoid the cases when the entire document is processed for syntax highlighting and only do it when code becomes visible. And I can scan for sub routines only when a document is loaded/saved.

It would be interesting to try loading the code on Linux, because that editor works differently (it uses a GUI system written in naalaa that I haven't been able to port to Windows yet). It does syntax highlighting on the fly, only visible code. But on Windows I actually have to format the document, add persistent color and font tags, very annoying.
Looks to me that we are trying to put too much text into one file. All real programs are broken into several files and each one is compiled by itself. I think NaaLaa will do that, although I have not tried it.
I let Marcus check,

There is no reason in my opinion Naalaa cannot manage 2 Mo of .txt... it's not so big for an adventure/RPG game.

It sounds like the system is checking/scanning (syntax and/or sub routines) several times

(I know BLITZ3D check slowly the syntax of all the code when loading (about 30 secondes for 30 000 lines), when done, it's ok... BLITZ MAX, no problem, 30 000 line instantanly available)
(05-03-2019, 09:12 AM)drfloyd Wrote: I let Marcus check,

There is no reason in my opinion Naalaa cannot manage 2 Mo of .txt... it's not so big for an adventure/RPG game.

It sounds like the system is checking/scanning (syntax and/or sub routines) several times

(I know BLITZ3D check slowly the syntax of all the code when loading (about 30 secondes for 30 000 lines), when done, it's ok... BLITZ MAX, no problem, 30 000 line instantanly available)

NED uses IUP for the windowing stuff. Sadly, after checking the IUP documentation, it doesn't seem to be possible to get information about what part of the document is visible. On the other hand it looks as if the entire document is only highlighted ONCE, directly after being loaded. Other than that it's only the currently edited line that's ever being processed. So I'll see what I can do about the sub routine scanning, which is probably what's causing the hickups.

What I'd REALLY like to do is to change naalaa's internal representation of strings, because that would really speed thing up. For some reason I thought it was a smart move to use linked lists for that when I first begun working on the language ...
Thank you for checking this problem ! Hope you will find the solution.
Hi Marcus, you think you will find the solution with the sub routine scanning for big .txt ?
I just want to add :

i have tried lot of basics : Just Basic, Pure Basic, EGSL (Lua but about basic), BBC Basic for windows, AGK.... but for me NAALAA is the best since BLITZ 2D&3D and DARK BASIC.

Some consider AGK is the best in 2019... I have tried.. very complicate.... Pictures are sprites (strange)... need 3 or 4 lines to draw a text, so need to create functions... etc...

NAALAA = Light interface, light .EXE, seems very fast, easy commands and basic spirit.

Great job
(05-13-2019, 06:24 AM)drfloyd Wrote: I just want to add :

i have tried lot of basics : Just Basic, Pure Basic, EGSL (Lua but about basic), BBC Basic for windows, AGK.... but for me NAALAA is the best since BLITZ 2D&3D and DARK BASIC.

Some consider AGK is the best in 2019... I have tried.. very complicate.... Pictures are sprites (strange)... need 3 or 4 lines to draw a text, so need to create functions... etc...

NAALAA = Light interface, light .EXE, seems very fast, easy commands and basic spirit.

Great job

Hi, I hear that BBC Basic for windows was replaced by BBC sdl several years ago. It looks as if  BBC sdl is a freeware and can support 6 platforms. 
http://www.bbcbasic.co.uk/bbcsdl/index.html

Any comment? 

One more thing, I found this. Any comment? http://rcbasic.com