Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
suggestions of Drfloyd
#1
Hello, I open  topic for my suggestions

So, my first suggestions for the next version are :

- no limit max characters .txt (for ambitious projects !) : in process apparently !
- possibility to load images direct into a variable (and not a number 0 to 4096)
- add lines n° in a left column
- the possibility of updating the text colors
- a right column with a list of all the proc et functions (like Blitz 3D)

Tell me if my requests are stupids ! Wink

My crazy and impossible request :
- Naalaa for Nintendo Switch !!!!! (it will be so incredible !) : is it just a dream ???????
Reply
#2
(05-02-2019, 03:21 PM)drfloyd Wrote: Hello, I open  topic for my suggestions

So, my first suggestions for the next version are :

- no limit max characters .txt (for ambitious projects !) : in process apparently !
- add lines n° in a left column
- the possibility of updating the text colors
- a right column with a list of all the proc et functions (like Blitz 3D)

Tell me if my requests are stupids ! Wink

My crazy and impossible request :
- Naalaa for Nintendo Switch !!!!! (it will be so incredible !) : is it just a dream ???????

I'll see what I can do. Maybe I could use Scintilla instead of IUP's standard text widget, that would solve some problems with NED.

I only play games on Nintendo Switch actually, love that console Smile  900 hours on Paladins, the game I play the most Big Grin Breath of the Wild is my favourit game though, it's breath taking.
Reply
#3
Seriously : NAALAA for Switch, is it something that could be considered or it's just a gag (or very difficult perhaps ?)
Reply
#4
(05-05-2019, 10:17 AM)drfloyd Wrote: Seriously : NAALAA for Switch, is it something that could be considered or it's just a gag  (or very difficult perhaps ?)

Nah, I have no experience in development for Switch. But I have lots when it comes to Android and iOS. Android is the most likely platform to be supported. The naalaa runtime could run pretty unmodified via NDK, that I have worked with much. But there are some considerations when it comes to graphics, because I'd really want to keep using my own software renderer (way faster than Android's counterpart), and I'm not quite sure how to do that.

Actually, the runtime was once ported to Android by John Master. He made one or two test games that were available on Google Play for a while. Here's a video of one of his naalaa games running on Android: https://youtu.be/RObE-JrpyWA
Reply
#5
About your software renderer :

when i try your demo games, or try to move a sprite with my personal code, I have the sensation that the movement is not fully fluid, there are some "jerks"... No ?
Reply
#6
(05-05-2019, 12:42 PM)drfloyd Wrote: About your software renderer :

when i try your demo games, or try to move a sprite with my personal code, I have the sensation that the movement is not fully fluid, there are some "jerks"...  No ?

The demos are probably using the Speed library. That library just "waits" to maintain a constant fps, which can get choppy some times.

You could try a different approach using floating point positions and multiplying your movements with the delta time each frame. That might give a better result.

Code:
do
   ' get delta time.
   t = time()
   dt# = float(t - lastTime)/1000.0
   lastTime = t
   
   ' move.
   xPosition = xPosition + xSpeed*dt
   yPosition = yPosition + ySpeed*dt
   ...

   ' draw
   ...
   redraw
   ' have to call wait to let the window process its events.
   wait 0
loop

I personaly prefer using integers most of the time though.
Reply
#7
(05-10-2019, 07:17 AM)Marcus Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 12:42 PM)drfloyd Wrote: About your software renderer :

when i try your demo games, or try to move a sprite with my personal code, I have the sensation that the movement is not fully fluid, there are some "jerks"...  No ?

The demos are probably using the Speed library. That library just "waits" to maintain a constant fps, which can get choppy some times.

You could try a different approach using floating point positions and multiplying your movements with the delta time each frame. That might give a better result.

Code:
do
   ' get delta time.
   t = time()
   dt# = float(t - lastTime)/1000.0
   lastTime = t
   
   ' move.
   xPosition = xPosition + xSpeed*dt
   yPosition = yPosition + ySpeed*dt
   ...

   ' draw
   ...
   redraw
   ' have to call wait to let the window process its events.
   wait 0
loop

I personaly prefer using integers most of the time though.


ok thanks, interesiting, I will test

anyway it is not a problem for me : my project is a RPG case by case without 60FPS animations
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)