Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Splot Version 2
This is version 2 of a simple board game I posted in the old forum.

[Image: Splot2.png]

Attached Files
.zip   SplotV2.zip (Size: 841.83 KB / Downloads: 3)
It works under Linux if you cut the font part and rename the .txt to .nala.
Good game Smile

As cvirus pointed out, 'create font' doesn't work on Linux yet. You could get around this by saving the created fonts (bitmap versions of ttf fonts) once and then load them from disc instead of using create font.

For example, do this once (not in the distributed program, just on your machine):
Code:
create font 0, "arial", 24
save font 0, "arial24.bin"
create font 0, "arial", 16
save font 0, "arial16.bin"

Then just load the save bitmap fonts instead of using 'create font':
Code:
load font 0, "arial24.bin"
load font 1, "arial16.bin"

As a side note, in the Linux version there's one program included for drawing your own fonts (I used it for creating the default naalaa font (courier is used on Windows) and the GUI font for NED), and another program for converting fonts in BMFont format (many programs output bitmap fonts in this format) to naalaa font files.
Ok  Marcus,

The code works. I now have 2 font files with no way to edit them.

Some day, when I have a 2nd machine to work with, I might try some version of Linux.
  At the moment, I am stuck with Windows10.

I have been using NaaLaa because it is easy to use. I think my brain is getting to slow to use Windows and Linux at the same time.
Ah well, it's my bad, I should make 'create font' work on Linux Smile  Just haven't had the time to play with the FreeType library yet.
(02-16-2018, 04:36 PM)Rick3137 Wrote: Ok  Marcus,

The code works. I now have 2 font files with no way to edit them.

Some day, when I have a 2nd machine to work with, I might try some version of Linux.
  At the moment, I am stuck with Windows10.

I have been using NaaLaa because it is easy to use. I think my brain is getting to slow to use Windows and Linux at the same time.

Rick,

When I started using Linux, many years ago, I used both WindowsXp and Linux on the same machine. Linux can Dual-boot. Not too sure how it is now, but it may save you getting another machine... Just a thought.

J
(02-17-2018, 03:13 AM)johnno56 Wrote: When I started using Linux, many years ago, I used both WindowsXp and Linux on the same machine. Linux can Dual-boot. Not too sure how it is now, but it may save you getting another machine... Just a thought.

It's a bit more complicated with Windows 10. It takes more effort to make boot options work properly and Windows update can simply wipe your Linux partition. At least it was like that when I tried to use Windows/Linux machine about 2 years ago. Things may have improved since, but I'm not gonna take a risk in case I have my Linux partition wiped again.
I run Linux Mint on the crappiest computer possible. It has 2GB of RAM and uses a modified potato as processor. Yet it runs ten times faster and better than my Windows 10 gaming computer, with graphic cards and gigabytes all over the place. 

But I still love Windows for many other reasons, I'm just a Windows guy using Linux on the side.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the original post, I just got carried away Smile