Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focus Window
Not sure how else to title the post.

I have downloaded and installed the latest Linux 64 bit version and noticed a slight problem.

After loading a couple of the sample games then select compile/run. The "game" window pops up (as it should) but the "focus" is still on the editor. I had to click the title bar of the newly formed game window before I could control/play the game(s).

I hope that I am making sense...

By the way. The editor works really well. Loading and compiling is very fast and runs very well indeed.

Can I assume that the Tile Map Editor and the Raycaster might be a little more difficult to convert to Linux? I can still run the Windows version via Wine in the meantime...

A very good job converting the editor! Well done.

J

ps: As a "Junior Member" shouldn't I only have one "yellow star"? Just curious...
(02-14-2018, 01:23 PM)johnno56 Wrote: Can I assume that the Tile Map Editor and the Raycaster might be a little more difficult to convert to Linux? I can still run the Windows version via Wine in the meantime...

Aren't there included in the "tools" folder? Wink

(02-14-2018, 01:23 PM)johnno56 Wrote: ps: As a "Junior Member" shouldn't I only have one "yellow star"? Just curious...

One star is for people who have registered but haven't posted anything, which in fact, doesn't make sense, because as soon as they write their first post a second star appears. Smile
Raycaster and Tile Map Editor: My mistake. I should have looked before typing. Sorry. Well. That was embarrassing... *sigh*

J
Yep, the editors are in the tools folder, along with some programs for creating and converting fonts. I had to rewrite them with the new gui library since the sourcecode of the old one (SimpleWidget) blew up. If there's something missing or not working as it should, please let me know, I didn't test the programs that much.

I shall have a look at the focus thing Smile
Thank you, Marcus. Much appreciated.

J