Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typical Linux Craps
i decided to install q4os on one of mine not too old computers
and what i get ,instalation complette but login to sytem suck 
or better to say stuck..shit
Angry
then i try freakin LUBUNTU ok
installation goes fine and looks everything ok but then installation stop with message 
"cannot install software" . what a fruck is that Rolleyes 
then i get installed stupid console system only..geee

and about topic title - usual info:
We think is easier to use than MacOS, better than Windows, more customizable than Android, and more secure than iOS.
We think is easier to use than MacOS, better than Windows, more customizable than Android, and more secure than iOS.
 We think is We think is easier to use than MacOS, better than Windows, more customizable than Android, and more secure than iOS.easier to use than MacOS, better than Windows, more customizable than Android, and more secure than iOS.
I remember when I started using Linux back in 2005. Installation was by CD only and the Install program was "flakey" at best. Internet speed was horrible and took ages to locate help. Since then, the processes and methods of installation, has improved greatly.

May I make a suggestion? Download your Linux OS of choice and make a bootable USB. I think "ubuntu" flavours will allow you to "try before installing". Doing it this way will help to find out if the PC you intend to use is powerful enough or if the PC has hardware issues. Then only install if you are happy with your choice. Just a suggestion.

I have tried various Linux OS's in the past on both newer and older machines. For the last 6 years I have settled with Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu) and, for me, I am happy with my choice. But I still checkout distrowatch for any interesting Linux OS's

If you need help, you know where I am... Be warned. I do not know everything about Linux... lol
Quote:I remember when I started using Linux back in 2005. Installation was by CD only and the Install program was "flakey" at best. Internet speed was horrible and took ages to locate help. Since then, the processes and methods of installation, has improved greatly.

May I make a suggestion? Download your Linux OS of choice and make a bootable USB. I think "ubuntu" flavours will allow you to "try before installing". Doing it this way will help to find out if the PC you intend to use is powerful enough or if the PC has hardware issues. Then only install if you are happy with your choice. Just a suggestion.

I have tried various Linux OS's in the past on both newer and older machines. For the last 6 years I have settled with Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu) and, for me, I am happy with my choice. But I still checkout distrowatch for any interesting Linux OS's

If you need help, you know where I am... Be warned. I do not know everything abou
johnno

the problem is because i am not beginner in this craps but i have constant problem with hardware detection or some freakin similar things:
i have solid download speed and i do exectly that download iso then put it on usb
and most of them strart without problem
i tried 
bodhi 
q4os
i forget to try manjaro xfce 32bit
bugtraq i installed on one old computer were that distro work without priblems but is almost
only for wifi testing

just when i write this post i am downloading xebian - debian xfce clone
i would like to use BunsenLabs which i beleive should work fine but i cannot use KTechlab with 
fluxbox i think
maybe ...but maybe i forget to try triSquel with trinity (kde3.5) which must work on my older
32bit system, i prefer to have both doualboot win7/ linux
because i use for programming windows..yes  Big Grin
My last brave experiment was dual booting ubuntu 5.10 and Windows XP. I had no idea what I was doing. With a text file of instructions I quickly learned how to completely destroy my XP partition and having neither a Linux or Windows OS....
Ah the thrill of doing something right and experiencing a crushing defeat in the same hour... OS's... You can neither live with them or without them... It's all about learning....

It's after midnight and I best get some shut eye... Good night....
ok
i put BunsenLabs on USB and boot
everything looking fine ,after few seconds i get operation linux live
login is "live" he he..
but then i see problems
from live system side all work but one thing not
Networking is almost not existing ...
wifi manager not work at all
from the install side ,,,this version of debian insteller cannot reconize from where he boot himself
this is real bug ,also he try to find CD rom...i don't have CD rom on that comp he he gee.
in general system is very nice and work very smooth but some of problems i mention here are 
really problematic .

To not forget i try to boot Xebian too, he simply don't boot even i copy ISO
properly from computer to USB with LiLi like all others..
so i asume there is a problem in ISO.
ohhh what a scmack...

Ok i will continue with something else,,,,
hello johno
finaly i try 4M linux
it uses JWM and work amayingly fast and as zou can see
he cannot recogniye Croatian kezboard lazout hhe
it work from memorz networking work fine
even i have some small troubles with wifi
he work
i must also trz miyo
You certainly have a LOT more patience than I do. I would have probably given up after three or four attempts...
I am curious. Are you planning to move away from Windows or are you just experimenting with different versions of Linux?
Hi Johnno

Ha patience..yes i have...probably
OK ..this time i install MiyoLinux with Refracta installer i never use before
it is in fact some sort of automatic script for Debian installer.
Miyo is derivative of Devuan which is if corse derived from debian
well Mint is from Ubuntu and Ubuntu is from Debian heeeeeee.
spining around... Big Grin 

No ..No i dont have in plan to switch to Linux at all, i just wont to have one working
distro on this computer, should be dual boot or triple boot
win7 / Miyo/ 15GB free partition( should be lunux too)

this one miyo / funny name zou can found on sourceForge
it comes without WEB BROWSER but have wifi support and have synaptic
well could be more userfriendly
but i download Firefox and look at this firefox don-t know which kezbord i use
see...
Aurel, you really should start a blog. I have a title for it - "How I failed to install and run Linux".   Big Grin
In reference to inventing the light bulb, Thomas Edison is reported to have said, "I haven't failed. I have found 1,000 ways that won't work."