Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OBJECTION
Marcus 
is this web hosting on some sort of free market hosting or is it paid
i have free hosting but i necer see such a amount of spamm?
Nothing to do with hosting. All to do with forum software.
Nah, it's paid. But I agree about the spam, it never stops. Maybe I should just change it so that I have to approve members manually.
Quote:Nothing to do with hosting.

hmm hmm who is owner is the boss so 
everything is about hosting this is nothing with myBB software
(10-07-2019, 06:01 PM)Aurel Wrote: hmm hmm who is owner is the boss so 
everything is about hosting this is nothing with myBB software

Yeah, sure...

(10-07-2019, 01:24 PM)Marcus Wrote: Nah, it's paid. But I agree about the spam, it never stops. Maybe I should just change it so that I have to approve members manually.

Can you make all new members to wait for approval of their first posts (they will be visible to admins/mods, but not to regular users)?  As soon as you can see that the posts are related to NaaLaa and they make sense you can change the new member status and their posts will not require approval any longer and will become automatically visible for all users. The problem with approving members manually is that you don't know anything about them, so how would you know who to approve? Approving posts is a better option, because you can simple read them and check if they are spam. Of course, it all depends on the forum software and has nothing to do with your hosting. If MyBB has an option like this you can give someone mod/admin position and they could help you with approving new posts and, of course, you don't have to give anyone access to you hosting.