Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Question
There seems to be a lot of "garbage" popping up on this site. May I ask who is "moderating"?
Marcus.
(05-29-2020, 02:35 AM)johnno56 Wrote: There seems to be a lot of "garbage" popping up on this site. May I ask who is "moderating"?

Trying to clean up every second day or so.
(05-29-2020, 04:03 PM)Marcus Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 02:35 AM)johnno56 Wrote: There seems to be a lot of "garbage" popping up on this site. May I ask who is "moderating"?

Trying to clean up every second day or so.

I've changed the settings so that new memberships must be approved by me.
Great idea... That'll teach those pesky advertisers! Much appreciated.
(06-06-2020, 02:05 PM)johnno56 Wrote: Great idea... That'll teach those pesky advertisers! Much appreciated.

To tell spammers from real dudes and dudettes a bio is now also required. I hope that doesn't affect old users?
That's the hard part... Which is which? I do not envy your task. Whatever it takes to attempt to eliminate thess, bots or non-bots, I am sure all the users will understand why things have to be done... I wish I had the know-how to help...
(06-20-2020, 02:22 AM)johnno56 Wrote: That's the hard part... Which is which? I do not envy your task. Whatever it takes to attempt to eliminate thess, bots or non-bots, I am sure all the users will understand why things have to be done... I wish I had the know-how to help...

It seems to help with the bio requirement. From 20 new user requests to 1 per day. The one had a long, long bio about fax machines, online poker and essays.
Glad to know things seem to be settling down. Let's hope that all those advertisers were from the same group and this new setup may serve as a deterrent.. Fingers crossed...