Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the benefit of using NAALA software?
I am game developer. Currently I am using 3Ds Max. Is NAALA software support 3D animation? I am using windows 10 PC. Is NAALA a console mode program or a GUI program?
"Step into a scene and let it drip from your figure tips" -M J Bush
click here
(06-26-2018, 05:48 AM)JamesAlbers Wrote: I am game developer. Currently I am using 3Ds Max. Is NAALA software support 3D animation? I am using windows 10 PC. Is NAALA a console mode program or a GUI program?

To be frank, there are no benefits of using naalaa compared to ... just about anything else.

It's meant for simple retro style 2D games (platformers, shootemups, puzzle games ...). The only 3D stuff you can do is based on raycasting (like this: https://youtu.be/JPWmPRE1Q_4).  It's a new beginner's language.

It works on both Windows and Linux though, and I guess that's a plus Smile

Naalaa comes with an IDE but you can use the compiler from the console too.
Well Frank... lol... I have to disagree! I think Naalaa is great and, for me, has two main uses. Teaches me logic and structure. Both of which I am in short supply. Naalaa users are very helpful and patient. I'm NOT a great programmer... crumbs... I'm not even a good one... But, thanks to Naalaa and the Forum, I'm hopefully improving.

"No benefits of using Naalaa..."? Bah! Humbug!

J