Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early beta version of N7
(12-28-2021, 02:03 PM)cvirus Wrote: The ide is Great.
What about the Linux Version on n7?

That's where the "open source" part comes into play Smile

Theoretically, all that is needed is a linux implementation of the functions in windowing.h.
(12-28-2021, 08:45 PM)Marcus Wrote:
(12-28-2021, 02:03 PM)cvirus Wrote: The ide is Great.
What about the Linux Version on n7?

That's where the "open source" part comes into play Smile

Theoretically, all that is needed is an implementation of the functions in windowing.h using X (atleast that's what I'd use, hate too many dependencies)

But linux should wait until things work better and faster. 
Another quick question... Will our old N6 program eventually be able to be imported or will N7 be its own beast and will not be backwards compatible? Just curious...
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.
(12-29-2021, 02:12 PM)johnno1956 Wrote: Another quick question... Will our old N6 program eventually be able to be imported or will N7 be its own beast and will not be backwards compatible? Just curious...

No, sorry, no direct backward compability Sad Too much have changed. Procedures, $, # and ? are gone, arrays work a bit differently.

I have "ported" some libraries here, like Simple3D. It's not hard to port n6 code. But some other libraries, like Tilemap and Raycaster/GLOOM I will rewrite so that they make use of the new language features.
   The wee gui thing that the ide uses is a nice example of what you can do in n7, but I haven't commented the code much yet. The ide is far from finished. I just wanted to release "something" Smile
Thanks Marcus - this is a wonderful Christmas present - I look forward to trying it out in the coming days/weeks...all the best....Kevin.
Thanks Marcus,

Looking forward to future improvements. Well done so far!

J
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.
2021-12-31
* Added support for scrolling with mousewheel in ned
* Added support for mousewheel through mousebutton(2)
* Added a pause (wait for key press) after runtime errors in console applications
* Added a message box for runtime errors in win32 applications

https://naalaa.com/n7/N7_211231.zip

[Image: re.jpg]

A runtime error gives you a stack trace. "test.n7:5,8" means that the error ocurred in the file test.n7 on line 5. Since the error occurred inside a function, 8 is the line number from which the call was made. The "BC_MLOAD_S"-thing is meant for me; it's the bytecode instruction that threw the error.
(12-31-2021, 09:53 AM)Marcus Wrote: 2021-12-31
* Added support for scrolling with mousewheel in ned
* Added support for mousewheel through mousebutton(2)
* Added a pause (wait for key press) after runtime errors in console applications
* Added a message box for runtime errors in win32 applications

https://naalaa.com/n7/N7_211231.zip

[Image: re.jpg]

A runtime error gives you a stack trace. "test.n7:5,8" means that the error ocurred in the file test.n7 on line 5. Since the error occurred inside a function, 8 is the line number from which the call was made. The "BC_MLOAD_S"-thing is meant for me; it's the bytecode instruction that threw the error.

Great, it helps alot, thanks.
Looking good so far in Windows 7 and Windows 10 thanks.
I find it easier reading examples off line, to avoid eye strain, so I have copied all of the examples alphabetically into a PDF file, which I share here in case it's useful to anyone......

.pdf   manual - kc (1).pdf (Size: 278.14 KB / Downloads: 8)
Thanks for the pdf kcfb, its a nice addition.