Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Farmer Man (n7)
kcfb was the first one to make a game with n7. Here's my first attempt, Farmer Man. There's only one level so far.

Control the farmer man with the arrow keys. Pick up all the corn while avoiding the monsters.

I'm sorry about the graphics, I drew it using the touchpad of my laptop ...

The game requires atleast version 22.01.09b (... released 2022-01-09) to compile.

I've noticed a delay when the first sound effect is played. That's because I don't initialize the sound engine until it's needed. I'll change this behavior.

.zip   farmer_man.zip (Size: 448.88 KB / Downloads: 8)
(01-09-2022, 02:36 PM)Marcus Wrote: kcfb was the first one to make a game with n7. Here's my first attempt, Farmer Man. There's only one level so far.

Control the farmer man with the arrow keys. Pick up all the corn while avoiding the monsters.

The game requires atleast version 22.01.09b (... released 2022-01-09) to compile.

I've noticed a delay when the first sound effect is played. That's because I don't initialize the sound engine until it's needed. I'll change this behavior.
Thanks Marcus - very impressive & runs well from the app. However, I get an error when running from the N7 file (line 90 - Undeclared identifier 'loadfont') - I can only see version 22.01.09 (not 22.01.09b) in the announcements section - would that be the issue? 
If not, it will probably be my fault & I will try running it on another machine later......
(01-09-2022, 05:09 PM)kcfb Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 02:36 PM)Marcus Wrote: kcfb was the first one to make a game with n7. Here's my first attempt, Farmer Man. There's only one level so far.

Thanks Marcus - very impressive & runs well from the app. However, I get an error when running from the N7 file (line 90 - Undeclared identifier 'loadfont') - I can only see version 22.01.09 (not 22.01.09b) in the announcements section - would that be the issue? 
If not, it will probably be my fault & I will try running it on another machine later......

Hm, that's weird. Are you opening it with ned.exe from the version that I uploaded today? I was going to ask you to check what version number that shows when you start ned. But I never recompiled ned with the latest version, so that wouldn't help. However, if you open it with that ned.exe it should use the right compiler and runtimes.
My apologies - I was using an older, modified version of NED (it didn't occur to me that I needed to update it, but I'll know now for the future)- it works fine using the one included with the new version.
The new NED shows v 22.01.06b.
No problems, ned uses the files it finds next to itself.
Cool game. Of course, the way "I" play, I did not last long... but still a cool game. Well done!
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.
(01-09-2022, 07:44 PM)johnno1956 Wrote: Cool game. Of course, the way "I" play, I did not last long... but still a cool game. Well done!

Ah, try and make a run without being "spotted" by an enemy a single time. I'm trying but have yet to succeed Smile
Oh... Believe me... I am very good at 'running'... However... selecting the right direction seems to be one of my many faults... lol...
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.