Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N7 for Linux
Would I be correct in assuming that the Linux version of N7 will be making its appearance sometime after the Windows version is complete? No pressure... lol
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.
(01-13-2022, 12:17 AM)johnno1956 Wrote: Would I be correct in assuming that the Linux version of N7 will be making its appearance sometime after the Windows version is complete? No pressure... lol

Yes, I hope so. A big problem, or rather a very frustrating inconvenience is that I've lost the source code for the Linux version of n6. Yes, seriously. Poof, gone. I spent so much time figuring out how the X window system functions, and now I have to do it all over. So I'll focus on Windows first, and then it would also be fun to see if I could make the runtime work on Android. I know a lot more about programming for Android, with NDK and stuff, than I do about desktop Linux.

But ... so much to do and less time to do it in. Family first, then work and then hobby programming - naalaa.
Understood. Family first.

Wine runs N7 very well so far... I can use that in the meantime... I have been know to be patient... at times... lol
By the way... I still have the Linux version of N6 installed... if that helps...
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.