Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion
Line numbers in the editor would be fantastic Big Grin
You do know that the line and column the cursor is on, is reported in the bottom left corner?
b = b + geberation
(07-18-2018, 03:16 PM)bplus Wrote: You do know that the line and column the cursor is on, is reported in the bottom left corner?

*Cough* Of course I do. *cough*
Oh! Spoiler alert! I was STILL trying to figure that one out! Now what am I going to do with my morning? I had a search pattern and everything worked out to look for that.... Brilliant! Now I'll probably have to do some house-work instead of code... Thanks bplus! lol
"Line numbers" is a quite nice suggestion. 

Please add this feature in the next version. Thanks.

Thanks again!

(07-18-2018, 09:59 PM)hiuwai Wrote: "Line numbers" is a quite nice suggestion. 

Please add this feature in the next version. Thanks.

Thanks again!

Trust me, I've tried. But on Windows NED uses IUP for the GUI, and there doesn't seem to be a nice (automatic) way of getting line numbers working. I'm already hacking the underlying RichEdit-control to get undo/redo working (the problem with that was actually the reason why Scintilla was developed, haha), so, maybe, if I spend some days on it ... ugh.
(07-19-2018, 09:27 PM)Marcus: Wrote: Trust me, I've tried. But on Windows NED uses IUP for the GUI, and there doesn't seem to be a nice (automatic) way of getting line numbers working. I'm already hacking the underlying RichEdit-control to get undo/redo working (the problem with that was actually the reason why Scintilla was developed, haha), so, maybe, if I spend some days on it ... ugh.

Hello, ok, I see. 

You really work hard to make NaaLaa perfect. You will achieve very huge success in NaaLaa with your much effort.! 

Hard work is the key to success. 
I would say rewarding work is key to success.

And finding that takes persistence.

Fortunately there are many kinds of rewards!

The ones that inspire, refresh and invigorate are the ones most likely to perpetuate effort.

Sorry, my normal outlet for philosophizing has been shut down. I am trying new outlets. Wink
b = b + geberation