Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ludum Dare 50
https://ldjam.com/

Ludum Dare 50 is closing in, and I'm thinking about participating. Anyone else? Smile
A kid with a crayon would have a better chance than I... lol But thank you for asking...
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.
I've only participated in ldjam once before, but it was fun. This time my hidden agenda is to get an n7 game tested on many systems, moohahahaw! Hopefully nobody's computer blows up.
Always a great idea to promote N7 wherever possible...
Live long and prosper.
Did I say I was going to have the new Tilemap stuff ready for Ludum Dare? I did, didn't I? Well, that won't be the case, sorry. I'm going to have to go with "raw" n7, no libraries.

I just added a command from n6, 'set additive' for drawing in "additive mode", very useful for fire-like particle effects and "glowy" stuff. I'll release it in a tiny update tomorrow, since I may need it during the competition this weekend.

I'll have the Tilemap library and tools ready one or maybe two weeks after that. The work that needs to be done is mostly in the gui-library.
Um... I do not recall you mentioning a "time frame" for the arrival of a Tilemap Editor. I am left with two logical conclusions. 1. You did 'not' mention it or 2. My memory is failing. If I were a betting person, I would put my money on option #2... lol

TM or not... Do not stress over it. There are a lot of applications, like N7, out there that do not have a TM Editor. If an editor cannot be created then perhaps a method to import files from programs like 'Tiled'... or we can just do it 'old school' and make text-based "maps" to translate to images... One step at a time...

I like the inclusion of "additive mode". Particles are SO cool.

Best of luck with LD50... are you permitted to give us any info about the project... or should we wait and be surprised?
Live long and prosper.
No one knows the theme of the game to be created until the competition starts on Saturday. There have been votings going on for a while. I was hoping for "Leave something behind", but that one didn't make it to the final voting round. So the theme is presented, and then you have 48 hours to make a game based on it. I will only give it 24 hours though, busy on sunday.

I participated in LD31 seven years ago, made this game: https://youtu.be/7k1rU-V6fyQ
Ok. So a surprise it is then!

Under the 'old' rules... New ones not published yet.... participants have 72 hours, from scratch, to submit an entry with maybe another hour for last minute bug fixes... So, you will give them 24 hours... Cool... It takes me longer than that to even generate an idea for a game let alone workout how to code it... 24 hours. You must be quite good at this... I will do my best to help... by not interrupting you on Saturday! lol All the best! Fingers crossed!

Just watched the video... Cool game... Nicely done! Did you win? If not, did you have fun?
Live long and prosper.
Had to check the rules to make sure I had not missunderstood something: https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/rules

I'm going for "The compo", might have used the word "jam" earlier, my bad.
Compo? Brave lad. Best of luck to you!
Live long and prosper.