Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What games are you playing?
Just a bit curious about what games or type of games you're playing. I'm a sucker for single and multiplayer first person shooters. I play most of them on Nintendo Switch, been a Nintendo fan boy since I was a kid and got an NES. I spend way too much of my spare time on playing games, that's for sure Smile

Currently I'm playing Borderlands 2 on the Switch and Team Fortress 2 on PC (I've played that game for almost 6,000 hours in total).

Edit Forgot, I also like horror games, but not the action based ones. Layers of Fear is a good example of what I enjoy playing, story driven with puzzles.

Edit 2 And Minecraft Dungeons. I like Minecraft Dungeons.
I am not into 'team' or multi-player games... As kids, our favourite games, included rocks, dirt and trees... and playing in all of them... Computer games were two decades away...

My first experience with Doom was playing it networked on 100mhz 486's. We stayed after work to play it as games were forbidden during work hours... It was then I discovered that my "networking" skills were pretty much none existent... But, too late, the Doom bug had bitten... Been playing 'single' ever since. Move to Linux in 2005. Back then Dos emulators for Linux were a bit "hit and miss". Dosbox was the most stable. Now I use GZDoom... I still use Dosbox for most of my old dos games. Wolfenstein 3D; BattleChess 4000; Virtual Pool; Rise of the Triad; Command and Conquer; Warcraft (dos); Vikings; Duke Nukem 3D etc... I could go on... I just do not want to either bore you or put you to sleep... lol

Never used a "switch". The closest I ever got to a "console" machine was an Atari 2600... Not mine... Could not afford one back then...

So basically... old style games are what I enjoy the most. I still play them... although it usually occurs between bug-hunting sloppy coding; meals and sleeping... lol

I have been at the keyboard for the last two hours. It is almost 0730 and it may be a good time to break for breakfast...

J

ps: Oh. Hidden object games... Most of them run ok via wine... forgot about those... lol
May your journey be free of incident.
Live long and prosper.
"Oh. Hidden object games... Most of them run ok via wine... forgot about those... lol"

NOOOOOOOO! They destroyed the casual PC games market Big Grin

Out of curiosity, where do you get these games? From places like Big Fish Games and Zylom or maybe directly from developers like G5 Entertainment? I'm not even sure which casual games stores are still alive. Maybe you can even find such games on Steam these days.
General "hidden object" search. Most are asking for $; some are demos; occasionally a 'free' one is found... but rare... "Wendy99" has a collection... Not sure how "legit" the games are... but may be worth a look see... I even tried to do a simple one page hidden object using sdlbasic... Worked pretty good... Could not say the same for my skills with Gimp way back then... lol

How did they "destroy"? Story lines are sub-par but some of those puzzles were a great workout for some old grey-matter... lol
Live long and prosper.
(05-25-2022, 11:37 PM)johnno1956 Wrote: General "hidden object" search. Most are asking for $; some are demos; occasionally a 'free' one is found... but rare...  "Wendy99" has a collection... Not sure how "legit" the games are... but may be worth a look see... I even tried to do a simple one page hidden object using sdlbasic... Worked pretty good... Could not say the same for my skills with Gimp way back then... lol

How did they "destroy"? Story lines are sub-par but some of those puzzles were a great workout for some old grey-matter... lol

The game company I work for originally made "casual" games that were sold on Big Fish Games and other similar sites. In the beginning, you could make money in a diversity of genres, like arkanoid games, match-3 and time management. But then the HOGs took over completely. These games flooded the lists and were the only ones that got any form of promotion. But that's business, obviously many people like HOGs Smile
I like to spend few hours playin Lemmings in the past ..but now
i dont play almost any games...
BASIC4ALL FORUM:
http://basic4all.epizy.com
Ah. Lemmings! I still play it from time to time. Not as much as I used to.. but still a fun game!
Live long and prosper.
(05-26-2022, 06:16 AM)Aurel Wrote: I like to spend few hours playin Lemmings in the past ..but now
i dont play almost any games...

Lemmings was great, played it on Amiga Smile
me and my friend played Lemmings Tribes sometimes 10 hours on Amiga 600
ahh that was different times
BASIC4ALL FORUM:
http://basic4all.epizy.com