Author Topic: Naalaa Linux  (Read 540 times)

johnno56

Naalaa Linux
« on: October 15, 2014 »
I've heard of rumours "around the traps" of  a Linux beta version of N5? As a Linux user, I am interested in seeing this work. First of all, does it exist and second, if it does exist, where can I get a copy. And thirdly, if it does exist and it runs without a glitch, will there be an N6 version? It's not that I don't like using "Wine" to run windows applications, it's just that when a program "dies" it either "locks" Wine or just terminates Wine without explanation. Without knowing why, I cannot fix it. At least running an application "natively", I get an error message that can be used to fix stuff. Just curious...

J

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Naalaa Linux
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014 »
Someone here or on basicprogramming.org might have it. My linux install has gone bye-bye (by misstake) so I don't have it anymore. The original file on naalaa.com has also disappeared.

It's not much work required to make naalaa 6 run on linux. I will point John in the right direction. But you'll have to use a separate IDE (no NED).
.\\\opz

johnno56

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014 »
I don't want you guys to go out of your way on my account. I was just curious to see it run natively. N6 runs fine via Wine (the crashes are quite rare... and probably my mistakes...) I checked those sites as well. The program's absence prompted my original post. If its gone, then its gone. I am quite happy to continue "as is". But, thanks for checking.

Regards

J

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014 »
I'll check some old usb sticks for the file when I come home, maybe I was smart enough to make a backup.
.\\\opz

Newbian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015 »
I haven't been checking up here very often, so maybe this doesn't matter now but ...

I have both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions of Naalaa for Linux.

naalaa_linux_beta.tar.gz
   naalaa_linux_beta32.tar.gz

I tried to include them as attachments without success. Not sure what is causing the error.

Seems to me that I couldn't find a Linux audiere package to install, so the compiler wouldn't work on my flavor of Linux.

johnno56

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015 »
Hi,

I run with Linux Mint 17.2 (64bit) and have been using Naalaa via Wine. I would certainly be interested in a Linux version.

J

Newbian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015 »
OK. I sent you a message about this.