Author Topic: TD (the library and editor used for Robowack 2)  (Read 3681 times)

johnno56

Re: TD (the library and editor used for Robowack 2)
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2014 »
Cool. One, two-part, question. The effect of the arms continuing to move upward when his head hits the ceiling, was that caused by the 'physics' of the model/game or did you program the model to do that? Just curious. Cool effect, intended or not....

J

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2014 »
Cool. One, two-part, question. The effect of the arms continuing to move upward when his head hits the ceiling, was that caused by the 'physics' of the model/game or did you program the model to do that? Just curious. Cool effect, intended or not....

J

I just "start" an animation when he jumps, I should start another one if he hits something (and change his velocity, so that he doesn't "stick" to the ceiling for a while).
.\\\opz

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2014 »
Ah, yes, I noticed that glitch.

While using models created with milkshape in the editor, I also noticed that the texture coordinates are inverted. When loading a model in code, you can correct this with the last parameter (invertT), but there's no option for it in the editor. I will add something for that. For now I just flip the texture in gimp.
.\\\opz

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2015 »
(@milkshape3d ... So you can assign vertices to multiple joints (due to low screen resolution I didn't see some buttons), that sure will make animations less stiff. Happy!  I'm also happy that I can now easily create lots of unnecessary models and add them to my maps: http://www.naalaadeveloper.com/marcus/models.html, but pillars and such use additional collision handlers.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015 by Marcus »
.\\\opz

johnno56

« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2015 »
Huge improvement!! Well done!! (Love the zombie...)

J

darkhog

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2016 »
Any chances this could be bundled with NaaLaa since you again update it?

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2016 »
Any chances this could be bundled with NaaLaa since you again update it?

Yeah, there were some few bugs in TD, but those have already been taken care of. The problem with this library is that it uses "stone age" opengl (1.1). But I'll include it and the p2p thing in next update.
.\\\opz

darkhog

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2016 »
The problem with this library is that it uses "stone age" opengl (1.1).

Well, NaaLaa IS focused on making retro games anyway, so... Obviously it'd be nicer if it supported at least 2.0, but ii isn't needed at all.