Author Topic: Question  (Read 584 times)

johnno56

Question
« on: October 06, 2015 »
Um.. Guys...

The last registered post, on this forum, was on 27th of August. It is now the 7th of October. Is everything ok?

J

Peter

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015 »
Johnno56,
you will get never reply!  >:D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015 by Peter »

B+

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015 »
Never say never.  C:-)

Hi Johnno, at moment I am learning 2 other dialects, too confusing with Naalaa too, then I will  come back, Naalaa has good speed! B+
B+

johnno56

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015 »
Peter,

... but I did get a reply ... lol

B+,

We are not trying to spread ourselves too thin are we? lol

I'm glad you guys replied. I was beginning to feel abandoned... hello. Is there anyone there? ...

J

Rick3137

• May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Programs
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015 »
 I'm still here. I too, tend to get spread out a little too thin. I have been working on a pack of playing cards.

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015 »
Hi,

I've had some words with cvirus on facebook recently.

The thing is that John has left us (no, he's not dead, but, you know, too much going on in his life). So ... currently no one is developing naalaa or taking care of the webpage or this forum.

I was actually expecting this forum to be completely deserted when I logged in now - for the first time in ages - but, obviously, some life still exists here :)

I need to think a little about naalaa, not quite sure what to do, since I'm busy as always. Should I make it open source or simply try to get involved again?

Anyhow, naalaadeveloper.com is down, so I will make sure to have all the stuff that existed there uploaded to naalaa.com instead. If anyone's posted some new game I'll make sure to add them to the games section too.

Edit: The thing is that although I haven't visited this forum for a long long time, I still USE naalaa quite a lot. For example. right now, at work, I use naalaa for auto-generating levels for a commercial game.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015 by Marcus »
.\\\opz

cvirus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015 »
I'm still here also :-), i think that you should keep on further dev, maybe be instead off make new additions in NaaLaa you should focus on the plugins extension and give some more explanations on how to dev those stuff so we all can contribute to the extension of NaaLaa.

Other thing is, what can we do with NaaLaa besides games? Maybe a sub forum in that, tools made with NaaLaa, like that chip8 by Asterios and other stuff.

Thanks.

johnno56

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015 »
Open source. Interesting.

If anyone who has a copy of Naalaa, were to create new modules etc, who would decide as to which module or change should be added to Naalaa?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Linux works in a similar way. The source code is available to all, but a group (panel/commitee etc) decides which modification(s) will be released with the next kernel update. Making Naalaa open source could potentially be more work...

just a thought...

J