Author Topic: Raycaster Features  (Read 559 times)

cherbert

• View Profile
Raycaster Features
« on: August 24, 2016 »
Is there any possibility the raycaster library could be enhanced to have an extra level to allow for upper roofs for buildings and more varied open dungeon designs?

You can see in this Javascript demo how the building has a roof. http://www.laboralphy.org/raycaster/modules/demo1/

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Raycaster Features
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016 »
Not without rewriting just about everything, i'm afraid :(  I'd rather clean up and fix the TD library for real 3D games
.\\\opz

cherbert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016 »
Not without rewriting just about everything, i'm afraid :(  I'd rather clean up and fix the TD library for real 3D games

Will the TD Library allow me to use Sprites as objects and NPC's in billboard style? As a hobbyist game developer I looked to NaaLaa because of its focus on retro style gaming. Using technologies like Tilemaps and Raycasting makes game development not only easy but also accessible because you don't need to mess around with 3D models.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016 by cherbert »

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016 »
Yeah, I hate doing 3d models myself :)  It has billboards, but I'll have a look at all of it - haven't used it in a long while. I wanna make some sort of multiplayer deathmatch thingy.
.\\\opz