Author Topic: I'm not dead  (Read 521 times)

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm not dead
« on: January 12, 2017 »
Hi,

Not much activity here, but I still want to point out that I'm still alive and still work on and use naalaa. Work has kept me really busy for a long while. Also, my mom was diagnosed with cancer early last year. It got worse and worse, and she passed away on January 1 :(  This has really prevented me from "coding for fun" and being active here. Hopefully some fun stuff will happen during 2017 though :)
.\\\opz

B+

• View Profile
Re: I'm not dead
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017 »
I am sorry for your loss but appreciate your optimistic note.

Don't take lack of activity here personally because there are several forums that are very slow!

I feel like I am one of last people posting any Basic code for fun.
B+

Rick3137

• May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Programs
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017 »
   Sorry about your loss, Marcus.
   I lost a father just last spring.
   We humans tend to have short lives. One of the sure things about being Human, is that it does not last very long.

Transdiv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017 »
My condolences for your loss. What can I said?; That's live. I'am not a religious person, but because some events that happend when my father died three years ago, I am now 100% convinced that physical death is not the end; Not sure what is out there but it's not the nothing.

I really like Naalaa but what stop me for using it more actively it's my fear that it's mainly a one man product with closed sources; If something happen to you, the fixing of critical bugs or incompatibility with new versions or upgrades of Windows will get stuck.

Anyway long life to Naalaa!

cvirus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017 »
Sorry for your loss Marcus, those are sad news. We still here.

rickclark58

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017 »
Hey Marcus, it has been a long time. Sorry to hear about your Mom. I have had a similar loss recently myself. Glad to see NaaLaa is still around. I will give 6 a try. Glad to see you are still working on it.

Rick Clark

Mr Nutz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017 »
A lot of time since my last visit and I see this bad news :-[ My condolences...
NaaLaa is a very good program, you are a very good programmer, your Mother must be proud of you in paradise.