Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
n7 version 24.03.10 released
I had planned to release this build, mostly a bug fix, last weekend. But I was in Stockholm, and then I got a really nasty cold which prevented my brain from functioning. If your programs have been crashing while you were trying to use 'draw image xform' or 'draw poly image', this should solve it.

https://naalaa.com/n7/N7_240310.zip

2024-03-10
  • Added an awesome pool game, by Kevin, to examples/other
  • Added the polyline library with some examples
  • Fixed a bug in 'draw image xform', 'draw poly image', 'draw hraster' and 'draw vraster' that could cause a program to crash
  • Fixed a bug where calling 'gc', for forcing garbage collecting, could make some really bad stuff happen
(03-14-2024, 06:51 PM)Marcus Wrote: ... release this build, mostly a bug fix...

Thank you for releasing this new build N7_240310

Just a very little thing ....
Perhaps I didn't copy well the new build into my computer, 
1. on the Editor's menu : Help | About
    The version is still 24.02.16
2. on the Output panel
    Compiled with n7 version 24.02.16b
(03-15-2024, 02:23 AM)1micha.elok Wrote:
(03-14-2024, 06:51 PM)Marcus Wrote: ... release this build, mostly a bug fix...

Thank you for releasing this new build N7_240310

Just a very little thing ....
Perhaps I didn't copy well the new build into my computer, 
1. on the Editor's menu : Help | About
    The version is still 24.02.16
2. on the Output panel
    Compiled with n7 version 24.02.16b

That's just the version of NED, haven't made sny changes to or recompiled it lately Smile
Sorry..
detects it as a virus ->
Antivirus Microsoft Defender..
(03-15-2024, 12:02 PM)oskarg Wrote: Sorry..
detects it as a virus ->

Well, Microsoft Defender's definition of a virus is usually: "A program that was not downloaded from Microsoft Store or signed with a really expensive certificate." It still beats Norton though. Norton believes that any program that tries to write to a CSV file is a virus. A program tries to change the display resolution? Virus. Viruses are well known for changing the display resolution and writing to CSV files.

"Jokes" aside, what kind of warning do you get?
detects it as a virus ->

Many programming languages (Nim, for example) have the same problem.  Hobby programming on Windows becomes less pleasant with every Windows update.
Thanks Marcus for the new version. Smile

detects it as a virus ->

I also use Microsoft Defender and it does not detect any viruses.
I tried to install n7 on another computer, and Windows Defender removed the downloaded file before I could even unzip it. It claimed it contained a trojan virus. I googled on the virus name and, yeah, many programmers are affected by this behavior of Windows Defender. It's supposed to be "smart ai powered" protection, so it hasn't actually found a virus. It's just guessing that it could possibly be a virus. Very, very annoying.
In case I seem a bit inactive on the forum, I want you to know that I am working on stuff. I'm focusing on 3D related things, experimenting a lot whenever I get the time. I hope something fun will come out of it, but it might as well turn out to be useless.
What? The 3D stuff might be "hit or miss"? Well, that's dashed my hopes for a Naalaa version of Super Mario Kart... *sigh*

Nah... Time constrains and work loads are both valid reasons for your perceived absence... But, if your absence effects Naalaa's chances of competing with Unreal and Unity... then we will be having words...

Nah... kidding again... I meant "out doing" Unreal and Unity... Moo Ha Ha Ha....
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.