Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tilemap Editor Linux
I have found a slight problem with the TM on Linux. If you look at the GUI there is a cosmetic difference.

The cosmetics do not bother me... The lower 4 radio buttons cannot be selected. At the moment, it is not really an issue, as I seem to be using only the to top 3 buttons. Just to confirm the problem, I ran N7 TM in Windows 7 via Virtualbox (refer to image) and the Win7 version looked fine.

As I am only starting to work my way through the Editor, I am not requiring the use of the "angled" collision detection yet... but you never know.... Moo Ha Ha Ha...

As I stated earlier, I am not concerned about the cosmetic differences, but those lower buttons could end being an issue...

J
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
Hi Johnno, the lower buttons for slopes are not selectable in Windows either. I believe that slopes are still to be implemented in the editor, but can still be coded in N7, as a workaround.
Cool.. Good to know. Thanks Kevin.
Hm, it means that the program has failed to load all its icons. This probably means there are other things you can't see either (load and game flag markers on the map for example).
Is tilemap_editor.exe located in the root of the n7 folder, where it can reach its resources (assets/tmed/). There's nothing weird at all with the loading of the images, just checked the code. How confusing.
I just checked... The TM executable is indeed located within the N7 root directory and the "collision_types" and "flag_markers" png file are located within the "tmed" directory. I agree. Confusing.

Did I open a can of worms? Sorry Sad
(04-04-2024, 06:51 PM)johnno56 Wrote: I just checked... The TM executable is indeed located within the N7 root directory and the "collision_types" and "flag_markers" png file are located within the "tmed" directory. I agree. Confusing.

Did I open a can of worms? Sorry Sad

Maybe the "working directory" is wrong for some reason. But in that case it should affect every n7 program you start. 

What happens if you open tilemap_editor.n7 in ned and run it from there? If the images still don't show up, what happens if you remove the '#win32' line from the program? If removing '#win32' helps, does it also work if you run the program from outside of ned?
Removing #win32 and running the tilemap editer via N7 ran fine and the collision icons appeared. Running the tilemap editer outside of N7 did not show any collision icons...
I did some searching, found some posts, and atleast the problem is not unique for n7. Do you write "wine start <path>..." or just "wine <path>". I think that wine will change the working directory correctly if you use "start". But I also read about some "d" parameter that someone had to use.

I may be able to fix it in the executables that n7 generates, will have a look at it.
My Desktop short cut uses... wine /home/john/Programs/N7/tilemap_editor.exe