Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
N7 Lander 2
Do not ask about version one. Let's not go there... lol

Anyway... Here is version 2 using the new pixeli() command for collision detection.

You know how it works. Left and right arrow keys to move left and right. Up arrow to apply vertical thrust. Land on the green Pad. (Not too fast) Watch your fuel... there is no more until the very last level. Spoiler alert: Hold your breath for level nine.

ToDo:

Collision detection still flaky for level 10.
No background noise or music track.... open to suggestions.
Add "your" recommendations... (assuming "I" can do it. lol)

.zip   lander2.zip (Size: 952.26 KB / Downloads: 12)
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
Excellent Johnno, fun game that I enjoyed playing. I look forward to the game_over() function being implemented, so that we can play again rather than having to restart the code each time. Love the graphics by the way....

Haven't made it to level 10 yet unfortunately.....
(04-19-2024, 11:12 PM)johnno56 Wrote: ...
Anyway... Here is version 2 using the new pixeli() command for collision detection. ...
Add "your" recommendations... (assuming "I" can do it. lol) ...

Congratulations ! Finally the pixeli() version for Lunar Lander is available !
Recommendations ... hmm... in wolf3d version ... lol ... (just kidding)

What if at the end of the game, you add an astronaut, 
as he is coming out from the spaceship, he says this sentence :
One small step for man
One giant leap for mankind

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"One small step..." Almost 55 years ago... and I remember watching on TV in high school... ouch! Half a century ago! lol...

(04-20-2024, 05:28 AM)kevin Wrote: I look forward to the game_over() function being implemented, so that we can play again rather than having to restart the code each time....

The game over stage is a work in progress... Ideally, I would prefer to run the game from a menu system... I just needed to get the thing 'playable' in case I got distracted and end up not completing it... lol

I have an idea for a variation of the existing game... The same levels are used, plus a few extras, except that the player starts from one pad and has to land on the next to complete the level. May involve a cave system... or not... but is guaranteed  to use up more fuel... Still in "storyboard" stage at the moment... But first... That menu system...
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.