Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Maze II
THE MAZE II

click each image to zoom in

Disclaimer                                                        
No person or entity associated with this game received payment or anything of value, or entered into any agreement,              
in connection with the depiction of the ancient egyptian culture  and with any game assets used in this game.                                          \
No mummies were harmed in the making of this game. Any similarity to any person living or dead is coincidental      

Stage
 Stage 1. Sand Desert in s3d
             First thing first, find a hieroglyph magic spell. Without the spell, you can't eliminate a mummy.
             Cast the spell in a relative close distance. But, don't too close to the mummy.
             control key : SPACE BAR, Mouse, S

Stage 2. Maze inside the Pyramid in wolf3d
              The maze grid size is small, so you don't need a map. 
              The maze is auto-generated using random maze algorithm.
             control key : LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN, SPACE BAR

-. Find a key to hidden knowledge
          -. Enjoy your egyptian treasures
          -. Taste the magical amulet
          -. Wear a super diamond
          -. Search for the Pharaoh's Sceptre

Hints :
 1. Turn on your best sound system. Experience the creepy atmosphere. Don't play this game after midnight.
 2. Don't skip or press ESC too soon, just enjoy every scene.

Note :
This game uses new library of s3d.  It's really injected new fresh energy into the classic horror theme  with its contemporary and somewhat experimental approach to the 3D world. Thanks to Marcus for providing feedback especially on how to put a mummy and example on how to use heightmap using s3d library and thanks to Johnno for MazeGen

Attached Files
.zip   maze2_v2.zip (Size: 2.01 MB / Downloads: 6)
Curious... I cannot cast a spell because I have not found a spell to cast... I am going to assume, as there are 5 mummies, there must be by definition, 5 spells... Yes? The "map" shows the location of the mummies but not the spells... If this is deliberate, very devious. Very devious indeed... That is a lot of desert to search! I hope I can find those spells before either I die of thirst or becoming mummy bait... lol

Very nicely done!
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
(04-26-2024, 06:51 AM)johnno56 Wrote: Curious... I cannot cast a spell because I have not found a spell to cast... I am going to assume, as there are 5 mummies, there must be by definition, 5 spells... Yes? The "map" shows the location of the mummies but not the spells....

click to zoom in

I am going to give you a clue where "the spell" is on the map.
But don't tell anyone else .... It's a secret between us .... lol

Alright, there are 1 green circle and 6 red circles.
1 green circle = you
6 red circles = 5 mummies + 1 spell

How will you recognize a spell ? The spell is in ancient egyptian hieroglyph. Just get it and you'll have a spell
The spell is valid to eliminate any kind of mummies, whether at the sand desert or inside the maze.
One spell is enough.
To cast a spell, you have to close enough to a mummy and press S ... but don't too close, the mummy is happy to taste your skin.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Ok... I will not tell a soul... Sshhhh...

Ok... Finally found the spell..!! Had to be the "last" red dot...!!  Killed off the mummies! Then thrown into the maze. Five more missions! Only one life! Devious indeed... Finally got through to the end... (insert triumphant music here...) One small tip... the volume of the "background" theme needs to be lowered during the final message. The message was a little "drowned out"...  Other than that, very cool game! Well done!

By the way, nice touch, finishing off with a quote from 2 Timothy 4:7...
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
I just played through it, and it was fun Smile Good work!