Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bombsweeper
I know... I know... not your favourite game (in any version lol...)... As I have never played it before, would you be so kind, as to provide instructions etc... I do not know the significance of the "numbered" squares... Thank you.

J
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
The numbers show how many bombs are around them, in the 8 squares they touch.

Here is a page explaining the patterns you find in the game. Read them and start breezing through boards.

https://www.minesweeper.info/wiki/Strategy
Cool. Thank you... Hmm... patterns... remembering patterns... there just 'had' to be a catch... lol
(01-24-2024, 07:28 AM)johnno56 Wrote: Cool. Thank you... Hmm... patterns... remembering patterns... there just 'had' to be a catch... lol

That's why I hate it. I don't wanna think or remember stuff when playing games Smile  I only play shooters and platformers Smile Last game I played and finished was Turok 3 Remastered, lovely shooter!
Turok 3? Never played it. Probably because of two main reasons... Skill level (mine) and not owning a PC powerful enough to run anything like it... lol Most of my experiences were from games like Wolf3D and Doom... Probably why I liked the N6 RC games...

I tried the posted patterns... they were no match for my inbuilt lack of skill... Moo Ha Ha Ha...

ps: On a scale of 1 to 2 (1=yes and 2=absolutely yes) what are the odds of an N7 build of N6's RC? No pressure, right? lol
(01-24-2024, 11:36 PM)johnno56 Wrote: Turok 3? Never played it. Probably because of two main reasons... Skill level (mine) and not owning a PC powerful enough to run anything like it... lol  Most of my experiences were from games like Wolf3D and Doom... Probably why I liked the N6 RC games...

I tried the posted patterns... they were no match for my inbuilt lack of skill... Moo Ha Ha Ha...

ps: On a scale of 1 to 2 (1=yes and 2=absolutely yes) what are the odds of an N7 build of N6's RC? No pressure, right? lol

There is the wolf3d library, and you now can load maps created with n6's RC Editor. But ... I think I could write a wrapper library (that uses wolf3d) that works just like the Raycaster library. So it's a 2, I think. But right now I have to write php code for an online high score thing, and I haven't touched php in many years, so I gotta do some reading.
Cool... Whenever you can find the time... Thank you... Wink
I was browsing opengameart (instead of programming something important) when I found this:

https://opengameart.org/content/minesweeper-esk-assets

So now you can all enjoy your favourite game with super enhanced graphics and state of the art sound effects!

Attached Files
.zip   bomb_sweeper_super_hd_deluxe.zip (Size: 192.46 KB / Downloads: 4)
Much improved! The game and its graphics... not my ability to play the game! lol One miracle at a time... lol
The second version of Bombsweeper ....

I remember, last year, the first version of Bomb Sweeper - N5 to N7 at this thread https://naalaa.com/forum/thread-14.html ...
At that time, I tried to learn the logic behind the game : 

Step 1. Make a skeleton of the program, i.e : Initialization, Main Program, Functions Collection
Step 2. Make a simple grid as a platform for Bomb Field
Step 3. Add bombs randomly inside the Bomb Field
Step 4. Detect a cell with a bomb
Step 5. Calculate number of close bombs for each cell
Step 6. Mark the bomb when you press mouse button

Now, it's time for me to revisit the code and continue to learn with the remaining steps ....  Big Grin