Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Puzzle Popper and the OHS library
Here's a new library (ohs.n7) for online high score lists and a small example game that shows you how to use it.

Look at the library source code for more detailed information about the functions. And don't be alarmed by the warnings in the comments at the top.

If something looks strange or is unclear, don't be afraid to ask!

Attached Files
.zip   PuzzlePopper.zip (Size: 4.88 KB / Downloads: 11)
I have a feeling that the game code makes it kind of hard to see how simple it is to use the library, so I've attached a minimal example to this post. Sorry Smile

Attached Files
.n7   ohs_simplest_example.n7 (Size: 1.25 KB / Downloads: 11)
Very good Marcus - this is a useful addition to N7. Also enjoyed the game - very addictive.
(01-27-2024, 02:17 PM)kevin Wrote: Very good Marcus - this is a useful addition to N7. Also enjoyed the game - very addictive.

No problem! Haha, yes, I noticed the massive amount of kevins on the list Big Grin
Big Grin 
(01-27-2024, 02:20 PM)Marcus Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 02:17 PM)kevin Wrote: Very good Marcus - this is a useful addition to N7. Also enjoyed the game - very addictive.

No problem! Haha, yes, I noticed the massive amount of kevins on the list Big Grin

Yes, I'm afraid I got a little carried away Smile.......happy for some of the entries to be deleted to give some space for others to appear..
(01-27-2024, 03:03 PM)kevin Wrote:
(01-27-2024, 02:20 PM)Marcus Wrote:

Yes, I'm afraid I got a little carried away Smile.......happy for some of the entries to be deleted to give some space for others to appear..

Nah, let's give johnno some challenge.
Online scoring system? Cool... I also liked the game. I have seem many games like this one before... it wasn't until the timer got down to "8 seconds" then I realized, "A timer!"... I do not know how you guys got such great scores... You have no fear from me breaking any records... lol Now... let's have a closer look at the library AND the game....

Great job!!
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
Just the game part but with ai generated graphics at much higher resolution. Might actually redo the entire game like this, would be fun Smile

Attached Files
.zip   PuzzlePopperHD.zip (Size: 2.39 MB / Downloads: 9)
I remember playing a version that used various tile images and the game would continue until there were no available moves left. Of course, it did not have the same sense of "urgency", as your timed version... oh. I noticed that sneaky move of subtracting 100 points for an "incorrect" click... Devious! Totally thwarted my "carpet bombing" clicking idea... thank you very much! lol

Looking forward to the "next" version....
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
I updated the Puzzle Popper "HD" version with a main menu and high score list. All graphics are AI generated.

Attached Files
.zip   PuzzlePopperHD.zip (Size: 2.75 MB / Downloads: 5)