Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf3D
(04-30-2024, 07:11 AM)johnno56 Wrote: I even suspected the graphics themselves... I downloaded sprite sheets (making sure that they were 128x128) and found out, by trial and error, that N6 RC Editor prefers the "colorkey" to be magenta - 255 0 255)... Initially made the images with transparent backgrounds and the RC Edit, in the previewer, displayed with black backgrounds... Re-did all the sprites with magenta... I even suspected the method of running the RC Editor in Win7 via a VM... I have since managed to get the RC Editor to run via Wine... Which reduces the number of processes to create a map... I do not remember having these kinds of problems when using N6's RC Editor quite a few years ago... I have concluded that the problem is not the graphics; it is not N7 as my issues occur prior to importing the map into N7... I am reduced to two possibilities... The N6 RC Editor - which is highly unlikely as there has not been an update in a "dog's age" - or my ability (or inability) t create maps...  I may have used this before. Albert Einstein once said, "There are two things that are infinite. The Universe and Human stupidity... and I have my doubts about the Universe".  I am going to concentrate on 2D... I am obviously not meant to do 3D....

And you didn't change any of the images after defining your items? If you define an item and set it to use image index 21 and then change image 21 into something else (load another image in its slot), the item will use the new image instead.

Probably there are only like two guys other than me who ever used the rc editor and the raycaster library in n6, so of course there can be bugs.
I started with the second test program, that successfully ran with 33 images, and all I did was add the remaining 19 images. It ran without error... Then added 5 images to the map. Saved and ran each time before testing. Of course, the first level does not use all 52 images, so I only add those needed to the map. I had almost finished adding the "obstacles" when I noticed that the bushes were different.... But no, I did not change any of the images after defining... grrr...

I will try one more time... I will go back to the "walls only" map and load and add 5 items at a time. Save, Edit and run. etc

I seriously doubt that the problem is with N7 or the N6 RC Editor... In fact, I had just modified the N7 program, to load and run the N6 RC Editor example map and it ran flawlessly... It is obvious that the problem is more than likely, me....

I need more coffee...
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
Believe you can
and you're halfway there
Theodore Roosevelt

click the image to zoom in

Don't let the little poor prisoner stay alone in Wolfenstein ...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(05-01-2024, 08:31 AM)1micha.elok Wrote: Believe you can
and you're halfway there
Theodore Roosevelt

click the image to zoom in

Don't let the little poor prisoner stay alone in Wolfenstein ...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I really feel like playing Wolfenstein now, you teasers. Last few evenings I've been playing DOOM 64 and DOOM Eternal, but I never really did get to play Wolfenstein much.

One of the coolest n6 games used the raycaster library. It was made by The Tophat Demon for a jam (7DFPS): https://youtu.be/HfA2kWjnAAY?si=c6iwEK_kqaxqqcHl
I remember that game... Don't you just love the decor? Cool weapon...
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.