Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf3D test
This is just a walls, floor and ceiling layout of the first level modeled after the actual Wolf3D game... This is just a navigable concept level of 64x64 tiles... just to see how N7 copes performance wise...

I will probably use a different tileset for the complete game (assuming I can get that far... lol)... It would be a good idea not to step on Apogee's toes... lol

Of course, the usual constructive criticisms and suggestions, are always welcome....

J

.zip   level1a.zip (Size: 470.2 KB / Downloads: 7)

ps: I modified the display to "double" for "my" screen. Edit as you see fit...
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
(04-27-2024, 02:27 AM)johnno56 Wrote: This is just a walls, floor and ceiling layout of the first level modeled after the actual Wolf3D game... This is just a navigable concept level of 64x64 tiles...

DISPLAYING MAP

click the image to zoom - in

Hi, the rooms are very big. It's great. I can't imagine how hard to make it manually on notepad with just 1 and 0 ...
Just an idea, how about if you add something like a little guide green map ...

Code:

'-------------------------------------------------------------------------
' Generate little guide map.
map = []
map.img = 0
map.scale = 2
create image map.img, w3d.mw*map.scale, w3d.mh*map.scale
set image map.img
set color 0,50,0; cls
for z = 0 to w3d.mh - 1
    for x = 0 to w3d.mw - 1
        if w3d.Wall(x, z) > 0 then
            set color 0,255,0
            draw rect x*map.scale, z*map.scale, map.scale, map.scale, true
        endif
    next
next
set image primary
'-------------------------------------------------------------------------

do

'----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   
    'Display green map, white player
    x = width(primary)-width(map.img)-10
    y = height(primary)-height(map.img)-110
    set color 255,255,255
    draw image map.img, x, y
    draw rect x + int(ply.x*map.scale) - 1, y + int(ply.z*map.scale) - 1, map.scale, map.scale, true
    '----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

redraw

fwait 60
until keydown(KEY_ESCAPE)
Mini-map? Cool idea...

The rooms are big because the rooms in the original game were big... There is still very much to do before it is actually playable... Doors; decorations; push-walls; collectables (treasure, health and ammo) not to mention enemies and their movements; sounds; music; scoreing etc.... Oh the list goes on... But, I do like the mini-map... brilliant idea Wink
Logic is the beginning of wisdom.
Nice! This brings back memories ... Memories of me having an Amiga and being jealous of PC players, first because of Wolfenstein and then because of Doom. Possibly Doom killed the Amiga Big Grin