Author Topic: BitmapFont  (Read 433 times)

John

• View Profile
BitmapFont
« on: August 01, 2014 »
I have a library here called BitmapFont, by Marcus, and it can load a font from a single image (no other file required). But the link in the library for the program that outputs these fonts, FontMaker, doesn't work. I can't seem to find the program anywhere and I'm not sure about its actual name.

I've attached an example font. Does anyone know what program it comes from?

johnno56

Re: BitmapFont
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014 »
I am only guessing. "Font Maker" could be an online application or the signature of the creator of fonts ("fontmaker") on fontspace.com

My suggestion would be to check with Marcus.

J

ps: this link, http://retrogamecoding.org/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=134, may be source of the library. But the library and the font maker links are no longer active. (I believe the moderator is Marcus - I could be wrong - but I don't think so) You are still left with the suggestion to contact Marcus. Sorry, I couldn't be of much help... *sigh*

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: BitmapFont
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014 »
The program was called FontMaker, and I'm 96.3% sure it was a downloadable freeware program. When I get back home I can can check if I've still got it.

But what's wrong with NaaLaa's own bitmap fonts? You can save them as single binary files if you don't want two separate files. I guess the "antialiasing" is crap, but you can use the antialiasing filter in gimp instead.

If not, it shouldn't be so tricky to write such a p
.\\\opz