Author Topic: Super G Vs Zombies  (Read 910 times)

John

• View Profile
Super G Vs Zombies
« on: January 03, 2015 »
Have a walk in the first scene: https://www.naalaa.com/temp/superg_1.zip  Even Johnno should be able to finish this part ;D  Marcus made some scary music too.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015 by John »

johnno56

Re: Super G Vs Zombies
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015 »
Awww. My playing skills may be bad, but not THAT bad... no...  wait...  yes they are... *sigh*   :-[

kcfb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015 »
This is looking very impressive - I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses........

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015 »
This is looking very impressive - I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses........

Thanks. As we're two working on it, atleast it should be finished :)
.\\\opz

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015 »
SFXR won't do it for this game. Has anyone got some good scary sounds already downloaded (doors creaking and slamming, paper rustling, levers moving and mabye some human and zombie grunts ...)?
.\\\opz

johnno56

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015 »
I may be able to scrounge up a few. If some of your rooms a bigger, I can modify the sound, to have a slight echo... Do you prefer WAV, OGG or MP3? Once I know the format, I can modify/convert the sounds and post some links...  this could be fun.

J

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015 »
Highly appreciated, If you get the time! Wave files are prefered, but I think I can add effects like echo and reverb in realtime using BASS.
.\\\opz

johnno56

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015 »
This is the first time I have tried to share a folder on dropbox. If it doesn't work, let me know, and I will post the individual file links.

Most of the sounds are free from Soundbible.com. Most of them are ok quality. You can judge for yourself. I will not be offended if you choose not to use any of the sound clips.

I also tried looking for music loops (scary or eerie) but there were way to many to choose from. Chances are that your taste in music will greatly differ from mine.

If you need any more, let me know, and I will continue searching.

J

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vxm9s46uibda4f3/AADRzVDOfm8iqKn9ev9ijz6ia?dl=0

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015 »
Those were awesome finds, and they'll definitely be used! No problems downloading them here. Thanks a lot :)
.\\\opz

Rick3137

• May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Programs
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015 »
 Nice work.
 The biggest problem that I had was that guy in the red shirt kept getting between me and what I was looking at.

johnno56

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015 »
Marcus,

No problem. Anything else, just ask.

Rick3137,

I too had that problem. Silly thing was, I tried to 'look around' the guy. forgot that the game may be 3D'ish but my monitor is not... *sigh* I think the solution could be either, move the 'camera' back so that the 'player' looks smaller or, modify the player to have a standard FPS perspective (like Doom or Wolfenstein). But then we wouldn't see the awesome player model... imho.

J

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015 »
We'll figure something out for this problem :) It's camera work. Increasing the fov a bit will make the guy seem smaller, and when there's enough space the camera can move up a and tilt a bit.

Time to go to work.
.\\\opz

johnno56

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015 »
Maybe a function that will allow the player to switch the view of the camera, from "player in front" to "looking through players eyes"? I hope I am making sense...

J

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015 »
Maybe a function that will allow the player to switch the view of the camera, from "player in front" to "looking through players eyes"? I hope I am making sense...

J

That's an excellent idea!

A bit unsure about what the non-weapon (kick) attack would look like though. Maybe a punch would work better ...
.\\\opz

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015 »
Thanks again, dudes. I've now added a key for switching between first and third person view, which works like charm, also threw in three of the sound effects.
.\\\opz