Author Topic: Glowy Shooter (P2P test game)  (Read 2094 times)

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Glowy Shooter (P2P test game)
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016 »
Here's another version that uses a new Speed library, where SPD_HoldFrameDraw works differently (same syntax).

http://www.naalaa.com/p2p_next/glowy_shooter.zip
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016 by Marcus »
.\\\opz

Rick3137

• May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Programs
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016 »
  That version gets me farther along.
 I get to a screen that allows me to select local host, and it tells me it could not connect.

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016 »
  That version gets me farther along.
 I get to a screen that allows me to select local host, and it tells me it could not connect.

Yeah :) If I had started the game here and selected "create lobby", you would have seen "Marcus" in the list of lobbies and been able to join my game.

It's almost impossible to finish a round on your own, but you can try by choosing "create lobby". Unless you've messed around with your router and made a "port forward", no one would be able to connect to your game though (but it would still be listed for other users that selects "search lobby"). This "problem" exists in most "serverless" online multiplayer games.

I'll start up my game here in the background for a while if you (or anyone else) happen to be active at the moment.

Edit  Oh, and I'm terribly sorry for one thing in the game, since I know that you're a strong Christian. The places were enemies spawn (appears) are marked by rotating upside-down pentagrams. I just took some image that I messed with in a zombie horror game, meant to change it but then forgot  :(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016 by Marcus »
.\\\opz

Rick3137

• May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Programs
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016 »
 Worked good. I forgot to write down what keys to hit.

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016 »
Haha!

It was nice to see you Rick :)  The instructions for how to play was in my second post of this thread :)  Basicly, you should just shoot down every robot you see (holding down your mousebutton) to prevent them from attacking the green cube. When you run low on life, you can run back into the room where you started and your life will slowly increase up to 100. I was amazed that me and PacoMan actually finished a round, because it's really hard.

I'm still super glad that you found that bug in SPD_HoldFrameDraw, because it must have existed forever  :)
.\\\opz

cvirus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2016 »
It works good now :-), died almost in the beginning.... :-)

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016 »
It works good now :-), died almost in the beginning.... :-)

Glad it finally works :) 
.\\\opz