Author Topic: GLOOM, a new raycaster library  (Read 1375 times)

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: GLOOM, a new raycaster library
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2017 »
Looking good . Those zombies are a little hard to stop. I don't know if its me or this key board.
 I tend to get overrun. Maybe it needs an easy level . (or bigger guns). An option to use the arrow keys would be nice.

Yeah, the first zombie type should be easier. I'll remove the run-at-ya part from it and save it for the second type. Bigger guns will come too. I can add the option to use Wolfenstein 3D controls (no mouse, just arrow keys for movement).
.\\\opz

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2017 »
Here's the first area (four levels) of the game. I've added some music and sound effects, and you can now also use the arrow keys to move (the title screen explains the controls). There's even a boss at the last level, but you still can't die, so ... :)

I forgot to mention on the title screen, that you can HOLD the TAB key to show a map.
.\\\opz

Rick3137

• May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
    • Rick's Programs
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2017 »
 Nice!!! I did good until I got to the fire throwing Zombies. The arrow keys work good except for one little detail...

Too large an angle between clicks. Makes it hard to hit the target. ( unless it was done to make it harder)

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2017 »
Ah, good :)  Usually strafing left and right, by holding down Z, makes distant enemies easier to hit. But I'll add some options for tweaking the controls later. I wanna make 12 levels before I'm done with this game :)
.\\\opz

PacoMan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017 »
Awesomeness! I defeated the mighty box boss. :) Way better than tf2. :P
Fire-zombies are scary!

Though the hardness of the fog disturbs me a bit, the rest of the game is so good looking. Would it be possible to maybe interpolate it in some way so you get rid of the very hard and noticeable edges/zones of the fog?

Marcus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2017 »
Aye, just set the last parameter for GLOOM_SetFog to 0 :)  Just trying to make it look retro:er with that fog effect.
.\\\opz